Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
- Most employers need an LMIA before they can hire a temporary worker
- Before you start the hiring process, you must determine if you need an LMIA
- If you do need an LMIA, you must hire a temporary worker through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP)
- You must obtain an LMIA from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) before one can apply for their work permit
- A positive LMIA will show that there is a need for the foreign worker to fill the job you are offering and that there is no Canadian worker available to do the job
- The process of LMIA normally takes up to 5 months
💡Tips for LMIA
- PGWP holders do not need it;
- Obtaining LMIA is the responsibility of employers, not foreign workers
- If you are especially skilled in something, you don’t have to be physically in Canada to be issued LMIA
Schedule a consultation today
We are ready to help you at any time convenient for you no matter where you are.
Your consultation will be held either online or in-person.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, virtual meetings are preferred.
Check out our FAQs section to find out more about immigration to Canada.