Visas & Extensions: Single-Entry, Multi-Entry, Transit visas
- Allows the foreign national to enter Canada only once during the validity of the visa
- May be issued up to 6 months before the expected date of travel
- Should have an expiry date of at least one month after the expected date of arrival in Canada
- Allows the holder to seek entry into Canada from any country as often as necessary during the validity of the visa
- Is issued with long-term validity to facilitate entry into Canada for legitimate travelers
- Has a maximum validity date of up to ten years or one month before the expiry date on the travel document
- Can still be valid but affixed in an expired travel document (in this case, the holder must also be in possession of a newer and valid travel document and must present both travel documents to the airline carrier in order to travel to Canada and to the border services officer in order to seek entry into Canada)
- Foreign nationals who are required to obtain a visa for travel to Canada will also need a transit visa to travel through Canada without stopping or visiting
- This visa is required even if the foreign national will be in Canada for less than 48 hours
- There is no fee for a transit visa
💡Tips for Any Type of Visitor Visa:
1. As a visitor, you must demonstrate strong ties to your home country proving that you have a solid reason to come back to your homeland once your visa expires.
- Spouse and children residing in your home country
- Your real estate property
- Permanent employment
- Education to be completed back home, etc.
2. You should have a clean travel history, which means that you have never been deported or refused. If you find yourself in this situation, you cannot lie in your application or must disclose it to the visa officers.
3. To make it easier for you to get a visa to Canada, you should demonstrate your travel history to any other country of the world. However, it often happens that you do not have this travel history. In this case, showing strong ties to your home country will help.
* Interesting fact: Canada grants visas to “explore” for a business option.
Schedule a consultation today
We are ready to help you at any time convenient for you no matter where you are.
Your consultation will be held either online or in-person.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, virtual meetings are preferred.
Check out our FAQs section to find out more about immigration to Canada.