- You may be eligible to sponsor your significant other if they fall under one of the three categories of spouse and partner sponsorships:
2. Common-law partner
3. Conjugal partner
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is at least 18 years old can sponsor the above categories.
- Both the sponsor and the applicant must meet certain requirements under the law in order to be eligible.
- The immigration officers will need to ensure that all requirements have been met by examining the forms and supporting documents.
💡Tips for Spousal Sponsorship:
- You do not necessarily have to be married to immigrate
- If you are married to someone but do not live with the person for more than 12 months and live with another person in common law, you don’t have to divorce to sponsor the common-law partner
Schedule a consultation today
We are ready to help you at any time convenient for you no matter where you are.
Your consultation will be held either online or in-person.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, virtual meetings are preferred.
Check out our FAQs section to find out more about immigration to Canada.