Permanent Residence: great 5 options even if you don’t have Canadian education or work experience

by | Dec 15, 2020 | 0 comments

When you start considering permanent residence in Canada, it might be a daunting process to read hundreds of pages online to figure out what type of Permanent Residence program is for you.

So Government of Canada decided to make it easier for you by organizing and comparing three Express Entry programs as well as the Atlantic Immigration Pilot program, which all fall under Permanent Resident options in the table below.


But before you take a look at the comparison table, there is something you should know:


Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB)

Measures and recognizes future immigrants’ English language skills. The Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens (NCLC) is used to assess abilities in the French language.

So if you plan to live and work in Canada, or apply for citizenship, you should understand what the CLB is for an immigration program that suits you specifically. See CLB rates in the table below. 


National Occupation Code (NOC)

Lists all the occupations in the Canadian labor market and describes each job according to skill type and skill level. There are a few main job groups you should be aware of: 

  • Skill Type 0 (zero): management jobs
  • Skill Level A: professional jobs that usually call for a degree from a university
  • Skill Level B: technical jobs and skilled trades that usually call for a college diploma or training as an apprentice
  • Skill Level C: intermediate jobs that usually call for high school and/or job-specific training
  • Skill Level D: labour jobs that usually give on-the-job training

Permanent Residence options

5 option of Permanent Residence in Canada


Want to know if you qualify?

Fill out our assessment form to find out if you are eligible for a Permanent Residence application under any of programs mentioned in this post. As soon as you submit the assessment, our office will contact you with a response.

Please note that this is general information only and not intended as advice on a specific matter. Please feel free to contact Bowen Immigration & Services directly with questions exclusive to your situation. This news alert may have been prepared using information from IRCC 

Want to get a Canadian passport?

Whether you’re already a permanent resident or want to become one,  we will provide our best service to help you achieve your goals. Get in touch today to get your citizenship or permanent residence!